Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Miracle League

I just started a mini-album to document my daughter's participation in Miracle League baseball over the years. This was her fourth year to play. She has gone from being pretty darned apathetic about the whole thing to being excited when she wakes up on a "baseball day." I've completed a few pages so far from her first season, and seeing the smiles on the faces of her team mates and of the family and friends who come to watch her play makes me realize anew what a miracle the Miracle League truly is. It is one of the few opportunities that families have to bring their kids to a fun activity and then just sit back and watch them have fun - without having to get in and somehow facilitate their participation.

I went online to find a logo that I can use on the title page of her little album, and on the website for The Miracle League I found a video clip and a song by Eddie Kilgallon – sung by Montgomery Gentry - that I just love. I'm listening to it over and over as I write this post. Usually when I go online for the Miracle League I go straight to our local page with the schedule, etc. on it, so I have never come across this little song before. Enjoy! http://www.miracleleague.com/

No comments: