Thursday, July 16, 2009

Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

Well, the vacation I've been planning for years has finally happened. We just spent two days at Sesame Place theme park in Langhorne, PA and it was a blast! It is smaller than Disney, of course, and even smaller than Cedar Point. All of the attractions are geared toward kids and the Sesame Street characters and songs are everywhere. My one fear was that Erica's semi-phobia of costumed characters would cause her to be looking anxiously over her shoulder the whole two days and prevent her from having fun. But not so - she did great... partly, I think, because the characters were all ones she knows and loves.

Accessible parking was right by the park entrance. All of the shows were in amphitheaters, so we always got to sit in the front row on the end with the wheelchair. A bit close for comfort to some of those characters, but again she did great. She was able to ride a few rides with me - we had a blast on the flying fish Elmos. We got a great curbside spot for the parade - I think I got some really good pictures of that! We had dinner with Big Bird and friends - lots of photo ops there and Erica didn't have a heart attack. Possibly the favorite activity of the visit was the lazy river on inner tubes. The girls screamed with laughter and excitement at every turn - priceless.

Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away... well on to the beach now!

1 comment:

Missey~ said...

Can't wait to see your pictures!
I am so glad you had a wonderful time :-)