Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What if...?


Erica has a one-to-one aide at school, which enables her to be in a regular classroom. The aide fills out a daily report for me, and one of the sections I put on it is "interactions with classmates today." Today's entry warms my heart, so I thought I would share it. Here are excerpts:

T. checked us in...K. helped move chairs in the bathroom and washed her hands next to Erica, chatting with her...D. & J. & A. were literally climbing over each other to push her chair (at lunch)... we went outside and there were so many kids crowded around her that I heard a kid walk up and ask "what happened?"... T. & S. argued about who would bring her inside. I find the whole thing pretty funny - what if all people fought about was who could be a better helper for someone?

What if, indeed?

No comments: