Monday, May 16, 2011

My Heart Touched by a Bear Named Rainbow

Erica went to Build-a-Bear with her Brownie troop. They chose it as a special activity using hard-earned cookie money, and made a few extra bears to donate to Children's Hospital. She came home with a tie-dyed peace bear which she named Rainbow (aunt @[1090760922:Kimberly] will be jealous!). When I realized it had a sound chip in it I rolled my eyes. But I take back all my negative thoughts of a song-clip ad nauseum because this morning when I went to get her up for school she was holding the bear in bed and played it... "I see your true colors shining through... I see your true colors, and that's why I love you, so don't be afraid to let them show... your true colors... are beautiful like a rainbow."

I thought, "wow, what an appropriate song clip for a rainbow bear - and how lovely for my special daughter to have chosen it when it has a message that is especially important for her to remember." And then Erica said, "I wuv you too wainbow."

No comments: